As we monitor the global situation related to the new Coronavirus (COVID-19), Tenneco continues our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our entire community, including team members and their families.
This page provides information, resources and tips to help you anticipate your health care needs in this uncertain time and beyond.
If you want to…
- Talk to a health care provider 24/7 without leaving home: Connect with Teladoc.
- Stock up on prescriptions: Choose 90-day refills for maintenance medications and/or free home delivery from CVS Caremark, our prescription benefits partner.
- Over-the-counter COVID-19 tests: Effective January 15, 2022, your Tenneco Rx plan will cover over-the-counter COVID-19 tests for participating members.
- Get support for your family: Connect with our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for child care referrals, phone or video counseling sessions and more, available 24/7.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Until further notice, anyone enrolled in a Tenneco medical plan will not be subject to copayments and deductibles related to the diagnostic testing and treatment for Coronavirus (COVID-19), nor will they be required to get prior authorization for treatment. For additional information contact:
If you need care for common conditions or you’re concerned you may have symptoms associated with coronavirus, consider using the telemedicine service as a safe, convenient, cost-effective option, available 24/7.
Using telemedicine aligns with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which encourages those at higher risk for the COVID-19 complications to stay at home as much as possible.
- Get a virtual visit from the privacy of your home on your desktop computer or mobile device.
- Save time and money (if you are enrolled in a Tenneco medical plan) compared to the high cost (and long wait times) at urgent care or emergency room facilities.
Prescription Drug Benefits
You can save time and money by making smart choices for prescription drugs. Your Tenneco prescription drug benefits through CVS Caremark let you:
- Get 90-day refills for maintenance medications to keep your medicine cabinet stocked.
- Choose convenient home delivery – especially helpful if you aren’t feeling well and need to stay home.
Over-the-counter COVID-19 tests: Effective January 15, 2022 your Tenneco Rx plan will cover over-the-counter COVID-19 tests for participating members. Learn more
How to Get Your Medication Without Leaving Home
With the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommending that people stay at home during the pandemic, especially those at high risk, consider home delivery as a safe, convenient alternative, with two options:
Home Delivery from Any In-Network Pharmacy
Contact your in-network pharmacy to find out if they offer home delivery and if they charge delivery fees. You can log on to caremark.com to find an in-network pharmacy near you, including CVS Pharmacy retail locations.
Home Delivery from CVS Caremark® Mail Service Pharmacy
With this option, 90-day supplies of your medication are mailed to your home, or any other address you choose, with no delivery fees. To get started, take one of these actions:
- Contact your doctor and ask them to send a new 90-day prescription to the CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy. If needed, your doctor can call CVS Caremark at the phone number listed on your prescription ID card.
- Log on to caremark.com to request a new 90-day prescription:
- Select “Prescriptions” from the navigation bar, then select “Request a New Prescription.”
- Search for your drug name and strength, select “Request a New Prescription” to add to your cart, and complete your order.
- Request mail service by completing the Start Mail Service request form or the Mail Service Order form:
- Mail your completed form, 90-day prescription and payment to the address listed on the form.
- Once received, CVS Caremark will contact your doctor to approve a 90-day supply of your medications.
- Use the CVS Caremark mobile app to submit a photo of your prescription to request a 90-day refill.
Your shipments are safe. All CVS Caremark facilities, including the mail service pharmacy and all CVS Pharmacy locations, are taking CDC-recommended precautions, including hand washing, use of gloves, and frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all commonly touched surfaces. As always, your medications are delivered by mail in secure, tamper-resistant packaging.
For more information, caremark.com or call the number on the back of your Tenneco prescription ID card. You can also learn more by clicking the links below:
- Prescription Drug benefits
- CVS Pharmacy: Stay informed on the Coronavirus (COVID‐19)
- CVS Caremark: Making sure you have access to an adequate supply of your medications is our priority
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP offers a variety of services and resources for all team members and family members, even those who are not enrolled in Tenneco health care benefits. Services include:
- Counseling and referrals for behavioral health concerns
- Child care and elder care resources and referrals
- Legal and financial referrals