You can enroll yourself and your eligible dependents for Tenneco benefits. Generally, you can enroll in Tenneco benefits as of your hire date if you are a full-time U.S. based employee* working at least 30 hours a week.
Eligible dependents include:
- Your spouse/domestic partner
- Spouses/domestic partners are eligible for Company medical coverage provided they are not offered medical coverage through their own employer
- However, your spouse/domestic partner may enroll in the HSA Medical Plan provided their employer coverage meets at least one of the following conditions:
- An individual annual deductible greater than $1,500
- Employee contributions of $175 per month or more for single (employee only) coverage
- Coinsurance levels of less than 80% in-network
- No prescription drug coverage
- Your biological, adopted, foster, step-children, your domestic partner’s children and children for whom you are the sole legal guardian, up to the end of the month in which they reach age 26
- Disabled children age 26 or older, who meet the eligibility requirements
You cannot cover:
- Your grandchildren, nieces or nephews, unless you have sole legal guardianship
- Your child or your domestic partner’s child age 26 or older (unless disabled prior to age 26)
- Your ex-spouse or ex-domestic partner
- A former domestic partner’s children
- Your parents or in-laws
Qualifying life events
You can enroll for benefits coverage during your initial 30 days of employment, and then again during Annual Enrollment. You cannot change most benefit elections during the year unless you have a qualifying life event.
Domestic partner coverage and imputed income
If your domestic partner and his or her children do not qualify as your tax dependents under Section 152 of the Internal Revenue Code, imputed income applies to the cost of their coverage. The IRS currently treats as imputed income the fair market value of the coverage the Company provides for your domestic partner and his or her children, less any contributions you pay on an after-tax basis for this coverage. The Company withholds the applicable taxes based on the imputed value of your domestic partner’s and his or her children’s coverage.
*Employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement are subject to the terms of the agreement.